OmNomNom Red Lentil Stew
Vegan Red Lentil Stew packed with delish veggies and EXPLODING with flavor!
Unforch, being a college kid/ novice in the kitchen/ not properly prepared we didn’t have half of the things the recipe called for. So below find my interpretation of Kramers “Cauliflower Red Lentil Soup”. And if you’re feeling brave I DARE YOU to tackle this delish dish and make it your own too!
What You Need:
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 4 1/2 cups veggie stock
- 4 cups Assorted Veggies (I used a frozen mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, & red and yellow carrots)
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 bag Dry Red Lentils
- Dice Onion, Tomatoes, and Garlic and grate the ginger. Pre cook veggies until a bit tender but do not let them become overly soft.
- In a large pot on medium heat combine oil and onion. Heat onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin, rep pepper flakes, and turmeric. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly so that the mixture does not stick.
- Add the veggie stock, veggies, tomatoes, and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Cook for about 25 minutes or until lentils and veggies are adequately cooked.
- Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
DINNER IS READY!